Category Archives: community

Art, Ego, Identity

Against my introverted nature, I have been meeting a lot of new people over the past couple months. During introductions, often I will be asked “so what do you do?”, a question which, in buried parts of my brain becomes … Continue reading

Posted in community, Product, thoughts | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

VALTA Game Cases for Dominion Storage

Often people see my products and comment that I should do similar products for storage and transportation. I appreciate all the feedback I get, but right now I don’t get inspired by solving those particular problems. Good thing there are … Continue reading

Posted in community | Leave a comment

Andy Evans’ Shiny Wooden Carcassonne

Andy Evans has created a beautiful rendition of Carcassonne in wood. I really dig the abstraction, letting the natural beauty of the wood come through rather than relying on drawings. Also, I think the dimensionality really clarifies the function of … Continue reading

Posted in community, design, photos | Leave a comment

In the Company of Dreamers

Followers of this blog may already be aware of a couple of great Kickstarter projects going on right now. One is by Nathan of Outloud Imaginations and the other is by Bill Trammel and Nate Veldkamp. They have both created … Continue reading

Posted in community, Kickstarter | Leave a comment

Kickstarter Campaign Launched: Dominion Caddy

Last week I launched a new Kickstarter Campaign. This time the product is the Dominion Caddy I’ve blogged about before. As can be seen from my previous post, there were a lot of people who requested Dominion be the project … Continue reading

Posted in community, Kickstarter | Tagged , | 1 Comment

Boardcrafting Top 40, Playing the Hits

At the close of last year’s Kickstarter campaign, I asked all my backers what they’d like to see as my next board game project. The responses showed some clear preferences. Carcassone is out in the lead by a wide margin. … Continue reading

Posted in community, thoughts | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Blair Nisley’s Custom 5-6 Player Catan Board

Blair got a Kit of my Boardcrafting tiles and did a pretty sweet paintjob (see closeup here). He reports there’s a technique to painting: I did do some experimeting and the best way to paint these is to leave the … Continue reading

Posted in boardgame engineering, community | Tagged , , | 1 Comment

Jared Nichol’s Boardcrafting Action Shots

Jared has been working diligently this year on using the Boardcrafting vector source files to make his own boards. He recently sent me some photos of the results. You can see he’s using birch that is a little thicker than … Continue reading

Posted in community | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Video of a custom color Catan set

The guys over at Signs for Success used some Boardcrafting vector art (for sale here) and a lot of their own expertise and ingenuity to create some great custom, full-color, wooden Settlers of Catan boards. It looks like they were … Continue reading

Posted in community | 1 Comment

Dan’s Catan Stand / Marketing Thoughts

Dan, who I blogged about previously, has created another iteration of his CNC routered Catan board. This one is up for sale on eBay, get it while it’s hot: Dan’s eBay auction I’ve tested the waters of eBay before, and … Continue reading

Posted in community, thoughts | Leave a comment