Last weekend was spent at KublaCon, which was an opportunity to hang out with friends, play some new board games, and excitedly run some playtests of Deckahedron World.
I was very pleased with the playtests. One one hand I received several comments from testers that they thought the game was a lot of fun, but more importantly for the stage I’m at now, several bugs in the system were exposed. Beyond those, I also noticed some friction that different players were experiencing with the system.
I’ve now got pages of notes that are slowly being digested and used to refine the system and the documentation. I’ll be back next year with a great game!