My 7-day eBay auction for the custom Catan frame did not receive a bid
above the reserve price, so it did not sell. It received 5 bids, for
$42, $43, $44, $45, and $46 (well I can’t be sure of the last one,
based on how eBay works). Over the course of the auction, people
offered their opinions and advice. So what should I take from this
* There is a market for custom Catan frames, but the price point is
probably around $40-$50, which is not sufficient to compensate me for
the time it takes to make one using my current methods.
* People don’t like to bid on eBay auctions with “reserve” prices.
* Some people don’t like products that use animal products (leather)
* Etsy may be another route to try. It would eliminate the time restriction
* Kickstarter may be another route to try. Especially if I need the
funds to devote more time to development.
Social Media Buttons